The Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO) will be holding its 46th Annual Meeting on September 23-25, 2018 in Chicago, IL. Among the presentations being offered at the annual meeting are:
• A Year in Review: Patent Case Law Update
• AIA Estoppel: A New Flavor of Collateral Estoppel and/or Res Judicata?
• The Intersection of IP and Open Source
• Navigating the E-Discovery Minefield; International Litigation and Availability of Discovery Under 28 U.S.C.
• Business Methods (computer implemented inventions) Workshop
• The Supreme AIA Update: A Triple-Header
• The Practice of IP Law in the Age of Machine Learning, Knowledge Management, and Blockchain
• Protecting Your Trade Secrets in Todays' Global Village
• How Corporations Hedge Against Emerging Technology
• Protecting Software in the Pharmaceutical and Health Care Industries
• Global Dossier
• Strategies for Addressing Gender Disparity in Patenting
• Managing Risks of Willful Infringement: Practical Considerations and Guidelines
• Attorney-Client Privilege: Considerations for General Communications and Communications During Patent Preparation and Prosecution
• Time to Call 911 (Emergency!) on 101: Is Patent Eligibility Doctrine Undermining U.S.
Leadership in Innovation?
• Finding Common Ground: Best Practices for Efficiently Prosecuting Patent Applications at the USPTO
• Portfolio Management: Strategy and Value Behind IP Audits
• Ethics Session: Conflicts of Interest
In addition, Andrei Iancu, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office will present a keynote address on September 24, and Hon.
#IPOAM19 Session on Gender Inequality
Kathleen O'Malley, Circuit Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit will present a keynote address on September 25.
A program for the meeting, including an agenda, descriptions of the scheduled sessions, and list of speakers, can be obtained here.
The registration fee for the meeting is $500 (government/academic), $995 (IPO members), or $1,675 (non-members). Those interested in registering for the meeting can do so here.