- Coal India starts buying coal from OCPL's captive block in Odisha
- 3 Point Analysis - Is Coal India a good bet at current valuations ?
- Coal India Share Price Graph
- Company History
- Coal India Share Price Graph
- Company Financials
- IPO NEWS - India IPO Market
- Coal India Share Price Graph And News
- Company Summary
- Quick Links
- Coal major gets a grip on cost though growth remains a sticking point
- Coal India IPO Subscription Details Live
- Shareholding Pattern
Coal India starts buying coal from OCPL's captive block in Odisha
Coal India Limited, a Maharatna company of Government of India, a state-owned company which has headquarters in Kolkata. It is engaged in the primary energy sector of coal mining and marketing business.
3 Point Analysis - Is Coal India a good bet at current valuations ?
It aims to tread on a path of an environment-friendly sustainable model of growth through best practices adopted in coal mining and marketing. Coal India share price has been steadily following the upward curve barring a few down movements.
Coal India Share Price Graph
Coal India started its journey back in 1973 wholly owned by Government of India in the name Coal Mines Authority Limited which later was changed to Coal India Limited.
In 2010, through a change in government policy, it became a public limited company after which Coal India IPO came and equity shares are available for trading through NSE, BSE.
Coal India is the largest coal producer in the world ( as per data published in 2010).
Under its umbrella, there are 11 coalfields. In these coalfields, coal is extracted from 273 underground mines, 163 open-cast mines and 35 mixed mines.
Coal India produces coking coal and non-coking coals of different grades to suit various applications for both industrial and non-industrial purposes.
Coal India has nine direct subsidiaries. Among them, there are 8 Indian subsidiaries and 1 foreign subsidiary
- Indian Subsidiaries
- Bharat Coking Coal Limited (BCCL)
- Central Mine Planning u0026amp; Design Institute Limited
- Central Coalfields Limited (CCL)
- Mahanadi Coalfields Limited (MCL)
- Eastern Coalfields Limited (ECL)
- South Eastern Coalfields Limited (ESCL)
- Northern Coalfields Limited (NCL)
- Western Coalfields Limited (WCL)
- Foreign Subsidiary
- Coal India Africana Limitada.
In addition, there are two indirect subsidiaries. They are,
- MNH Shakti Limited and
- MJSJ Coal Limited
Before 9173 the company was a privately run organization.
Coal India Share Price Graph
After the government of India decided on the nationalization of the core sector, the company was nationalized in the name Coal Mines Authority Limited. Later in 1975, the company was renamed as Coal India Limited.
Presently the company is responsible for mining of the entire coal mining sector owned by the government of India. Bonds issued by the company carry a rating of AAA/ stable and has received the coveted award of being the “World’s Largest Coal Producing Company”.
Coal India share price is Rs 253.50 (as on 19.06.17, 10.23 hrs.) in BSE. As per the latest data, the standalone basis P/E is 10.93 versus average industry PE of 11.56, EPS is Rs 23.36.
IPO NEWS - India IPO Market
Market cap is Rs 1,58,537 crores. The face value of a share is Rs 10.
Coal India share price was Rs 283.55 at the end of 29 October 2018 in the National Stock Exchange.
The present market cap is Rs 174304.05 crores. The earning per share or EPS is Rs 15.03 as per the average share price of the trailing 12 months data. The price over earning ratio or P/E stands at 18.51.
The Book Value per share is Rs 32.56. The price over book value ratio or P/BV 8.54. The Dividend yield is 5.94%.
Coal India Share Price Graph And News
The 52 weeks high price is Rs 316.95 and 52 weeks low is Rs 257.30.
The quarter ending June 2018 reported a sales figure of Rs 22597.80 crores.
Other operating income stands at Rs 1663.07 crores.
The operating profit stands at Rs 5732.46 crores. Other income stands at Rs 1209.99 crores.
The EBITDA is Rs 6942.45 crores. The net profit stands at Rs 3786.30 crores. The earning per share or EPS of this quarter stands at Rs 6.10.
The Coal India Ltd.
was incorporated in the year 1973. It is a Large Cap company. The company is principally operating in the mining sector. It is also a premier company backed by Government of India operating at the core of energy sector.
Coal India Ltd.
Coal major gets a grip on cost though growth remains a sticking point
earns revenue from the sale of coal mined and different coal mines. The revenue earned from sales of coals coal which contributed Rs 362.93 Crore to Sales Value (97.99 % of Total Sales) and other operating revenue contributed Rs 7.44 Crore to Sales Value (2.00 % of Total Sales) for the financial year ending 31 March 2018.
For the quarter ended 30 March 2018, the company reported a consolidated sales of Rs 22597.80 Crore, down by -10.00 % from the last quarter sales of Rs 25108.69 Crore and up by 22.79 % from last year same quarter sales of Rs 18404.32 crore.
The company has reported a net profit after tax of Rs 3784.34 Crore in the latest quarter ending 30 June 2018.
The company’s top management includes Dr Khanindra Pathak, Dr D C Panigrahi, Dr S B Agnihotri, Mr.B Dayal, Mr Anil Kumar Jha, Mr B L Gajipara, Mr.R K Sinha, Mr C K Dey, Mr S N Prasad, Mr R P Srivastava, Mr Vinod Jain, Mr V K Thakral, Ms Reena Sinha Puri, Ms Loretta Mary Vas.
The company has appointed M/S Chaturvedi u0026amp; Co. as its auditors.
As on 30 March 2018, the company has a total of 6,207,409,177 nos.
Coal India IPO Subscription Details Live
of shares outstanding.
The shareholding pattern of Coal India Ltd. has presently different shareholders in the manner as mentioned below, as per the latest data available. As it is one of the premier companies backed by the government of India, grouped as Maharatna Company, the shareholding pattern is a little different from other privately owned companies.
- The promoters and promoter group of the company hold 4,861,860,228 nos of shares which is equivalent to 78.32% of total shares.
- The financial institutions or FIIs hold 697,169,644 nos of shares amounting to 11.23% of total shares.
- The foreign institutions hold 352,684,998 nos of shares or 5.68% of shares.
- Others hold 83,528,903 nos or shares or 1.35% of total shares.
- The non-banking financial institutions or NBFCs and mutual funds together hold 110,976,874 nos of shares or 1.79% of total shares.
- General public holds 101,319,627 nos of shares which is equivalent to 1.63% of total shares.
- In addition, a total number of 48,903 nos shares are held by the Central Government of India which is equivalent to 0.00% (less than 0.01%) of total shares.
For more information on other companies, kindly visit our stock technicals page.